Monday, May 08, 2006

Whew

WARNING: this post is going to be a LOOONG one… this post is equivalent to the two days that I haven’t been able to blog… so if you don’t have time to read this… don’t… but if you have the spare time… then please do so…
I am so ecstatic… my best friend Robbie has come back! After a year in
Texas, he has come back to the
Philippinesto spend the Holidays here. But I’m getting ahead of myself here…
Earlier on:
After the Dex fiasco two days over, I still went to school the next day. I had to face him sometime… it might as well be the day after, even if I was still nursing a feverish state. The night of the fiasco, I cried my eyes out and the morning after, the thought of facing him made me nauseous (maybe it was the fever). Oh well... if life gives you lemons…slice it up and lets have tequila shots!
Hahahaha… but I digress…
I saw Dex around campus and he had that ‘I’m sorry I feel awkward around you smile/grimace’ whenever he saw me. But me... I acted cool, even if deep inside worms were trying to crawl up and out my throat.
While I was having lunch, someone was ringing my mobile phone, I checked it and it was an unlisted number, being the curious George that I was, I answered it… to my utter surprise… IT WAS ROBBIE!!! He called me up to tell me that he was coming home for the holidays, and if I could fetch him from the airport.
This great news gave me the boost to get me through a horrendous day of bumping into Dex… it seemed that everywhere I looked or went he was THERE?! Jeez…
oOo
While waiting for Robbie’s plane to arrive, I was starting to feel a little nervous. Robbie and I had several unfinished issues. First, we were best friends that had “chemistry.” Second, our budding romance (when? Don’t ask… twas too long ago… 1999 or something) was cut short because the advertising company that he was working in kept sending him out of the country for seminars and trainings (Robbie is a webdev)
I wondered if the “chemistry” was still there. The times that we spent together… were stunning. I had to remind myself that I had to breathe whenever he was around, coz he had a way of looking at people intensely with those gorgeous chinito BROWN EYES of his. I mean when he looked at you, he made it seem like you were THE MOST INTERESTING person on this planet and nothing else mattered. We also didn’t get to settle the issue of where we stood in each other’s life because of his work. So we just made the most of the situation. Whenever either of us would be free, we’d either catch a movie, or hang around his flat eating everything in sight, or drive out of town and catch a sunrise, or just sleep (him on the floor and me on the couch.) These thoughts made me feel even more nauseous (either that or it was the fever or lack of food)
Then I saw him… Robbie… he looked different. He seemed taller (he stands at 5’6), seemed a little leaner, and for crying out loud!!! He shaved his head. But he still had those trademark chinky eyes and that parenthesis smile of his. I waved to him and he saw me.
Robbie: Hey little one! I love what you’ve done to your hair! *tugs on my bangs* Red hair ha… So sassy! You look like a sosyal na Rakiztahh… Hahaha
Jenn: Ikaw nga eh KALBO! Saka ang daya mo!!! Pumayat ka!!!
Robbie: OO naman. What do you think I did there… sleep all the time? Nagtrabaho din naman ako no! Ikaw nga eh tumaba ka lalo.
Jenn: Ouch naman.
Robbie: Hahahahah! Its ok little one. At least maganda ka pa ren.
Jenn: Tse!
Robbie: Lets head on to the Diamond Hotel. Dun tumawag si Mommy at nag book ng room sakin.
Jenn: Ok…
So there we went to the hotel. Then headed up to his room. He ordered room service and we ate dinner in his room. I looked at my mobile and saw that it was already 9:00 in the evening.
Jenn: Bes, uwi na ako… Mag papahinga muna ako… I’m still a little feverish. Saka I promised my friend Gian that I’d rest.
Robbie: Dito ka na lang matulog. We need to catch up. Isang taon din naman tayo hindi nagkita no!
Jenn: I don’t have any sleeping clothes.
Robbie: Papahiramin na lang kita ng isang t-shirt ko. Yung football jersey ni Clarence. Saka yung warmer ko na
ChicagoBulls.. its in my duffel.
Jenn: Fine… kung hindi ka lang malakas sakin…
I went to his bags, rummaged around and saw the jersey and pants. Then I headed to the bathroom and took a shower and changed.
Jenn: Bes, sleep muna ako…
Robbie: Sige, I’m going to watch TV muna… my body clock is still whacked.
Jenn: Night Bes… *bussed him on the cheek*
I slid under the covers and tried to sleep (I have this problem kasi that I’m not used to sleeping with people beside me, even my parents. Nagiging mababaw ang tulog ko) I guess I might have dozed off because next thing I knew I was trembling from the cold. Nilagnat na ako ng tuluyan and the damned a/c was friggin’ cold. I saw Robbie sitting on the couch still watching TV. So I called him to turn down the a/c, he stood up and went near the bed and felt my forehead.
Robbie: Naku bes, may lagnat ka.
Jenn: Yeah, can you like turn the a/c down… giniginaw na ako sobra… my feet feel like ice blocks na ren.
It was at that point that he raised the comforter and felt around for my feet.
Robbie: yeah.. grabe.. wait, let me grab some socks from my bag…
He got some thick tube socks from his bag and put them on my feet. Tapos he massaged my feet to make them warm. The massage made me feel drowsy again so I said my thanks to my best friend for the caring gestures. I closed my eyes and felt the mattress pop back up as he stood. Then I felt him tuck the covers tight around me and felt his lips on my forehead.
On the tip of my nose…
And on my lips… I really don’t know what possessed me, but I kinda kissed him back… (maybe I was delirious… I had a fever right??? I know… LAME excuse)
Then I felt him sit beside me (I still kept my eyes closed because I was kinda afraid of what he would say…) and continue our kiss. I felt his hand on the back of my neck and one of his thumbs was stroking my cheek.
Long minutes passed before we surfaced for air, we were both breathing hard (kala mo nag marathon sa oval). He leaned his forehead against my right ear and I could feel his warm breath on my shoulder. Robbie was whispering something like missing me so bad that he wanted me to forget who he was, for me to forget who I was and discover each other until the stars burned out and the universe went black.
My eyes popped open at this thought. I was like... whoa wait a minute… hold that horse… I sat up and told him…
Jenn: We shouldn’t be doing this bes.
Robbie: I know… I’m so sorry.
Jenn: I think I should go home. *I started to get up from bed*
Robbie: No! Please… don’t go… I’m sorry.
Jenn: I don’t want this to happen… if I stay… who knows…
Robbie: Please Bes, sorry na…
After much pleading and dissection of what happened (being the dork that I am) I agreed to stay. So I went back under the covers and closed my eyes. I guess I might have dozed off again coz when I woke up I saw Robbie on the couch asleep.
Naawa naman ako sa kanya so I got the other layer of the bed (yung cover, bago sa comforter) then I placed it on his sleeping form. I bussed him on the cheek again and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth.
When I saw that it was already 6:00a.m I took a shower na rin, then changed into the stuff that I was wearing when I fetched Robbie. When I got out of the bathroom, I shook Robbie awake, told him to lie on the bed and that I had to go home. Being the dutiful best friend that he was he wanted to make hatid me to school, but I declined seeing that he hasn’t had enough sleep yet. I just told him that we’ll catch up on Sunday evening na lang…
Whew… so there.

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header hand photo by Aaron Murphy