Sunday, May 07, 2006

Bathroom Epiphany



Yesterday, after much preoccupation with my feelings of being in love... I decided to talk to my friend Gian... I felt that I had a need for a dose of reality... he was the pragmatist between us... while I, I was the spectacularly idiotic, quixotic and romantic little twit. Prior to the conversation, I thought that our ideas on finding the perfect mate would clash... or so I thought...
Here are some snippets of our (not so pre-occupied, semi-intelligible) conversation:
Jeanne: (to Gian) how do you know if you like the girl?
Gian: me I would like a girl if I would completely know everything about her. then weigh-in every factor... but initially physical attraction must step in, although in the end its the entire package naman
Jeanne: define... everything...
Gian: her perspective in life, and how she would compliment my life in terms of my own goals and dreams and more importantly how she can be an inspiration to me in terms of self-confidence, again perspective in life..
Jeanne: wow... *blown away*
Gian: hahahaha
Jeanne: since you mentioned perspective in life... what is YOUR perspective in life?
Gian: wow, that's a question...I believe, its setting out what your destined to fulfill by God. That's a working progress though...I mean we each have a very unique purpose why we are given life.
At this point of the conversation... I felt pretty stupid and superficial. Gian may only be 3 years older than me, but he was light-years older than me in maturity and perspective. I felt like I was a little girl trying to act all mature in front of grownups.
Then... Mother Nature called. I decided to heed her call and visited the THRONEroom.
While seated upon the throne... I pondered upon what my friend just told me... I realized that no matter how hard he tells me that all the romanticism in his soul is dead, there still is a part of him that is yearning to once again feel that cornball feeling. I mean how poetic can you be? If his answers weren’t as romantic as I thought they were... I’d off myself right now.
Second, even though he keeps on telling me that he is now eternally jaded (and a tad bit cynical) and only another person as jaded as he is would be able to understand his off the cuff marks... I could sense that he was trying to make me understand that getting hurt pretty bad by another person gives one thoughts/feelings like what he has... BUT on the other hand... I could also sense that the reason why he still lets me pester him is because a room closed off for awhile gets stale... so he lets fresh air in...
Last but not the least:
I have found another person who has ideals like mine... sad to say, I believe that were just meant to be friends, no more... no less.
I do not really object to that thought, c’mon, look at me and howie, we’ve been best friends for like 5 years now... pero here it goes again... always the bridesmaid.. but never the bride (NO... I don’t want to get married (YET) but this is just an analogy)...
oh well... it’s like what they say...
PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE.

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header hand photo by Aaron Murphy