Monday, May 08, 2006

Love...Steel Elegance


I wonder what fuels the fires that burn images of glorious love into the hearts of many sentient races, my own paramount among them.
I look at the carnage presently happening around me and I see the inevitable sight of emptiness. I imagine the cries of pain, I hear in my head the calls for lost loves when the dying heart knows his last moment is upon him. Surely the tangible moment of heartbreak, but is there, I wonder something less tangible here, something of a greater place? Or is there perhaps - and this is my fear - something of a delusion to it all that drives us to fall in love again and again?
Along the latter line of thought, is it within us all, when the memories of love have faded past of something great that we throw aside the quiet, the calm, the mundane, the peace itself? Do we collectively come to equate love with boredom and complacency? Perhaps we hold these embers of love within us, dulled only by sharp memories of the pain and the loss and when that smothering blanket dissipates with the passage of healing time, those fires flare again to life. I saw this within myself, that I was not being of comfort and complacency, that only by the wind on my face, the trails beneath my feet and the adventure along the road could I truly be happy.
I must move on... one step closer... one step farther... to a love yet unfound.

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header hand photo by Aaron Murphy