Monday, May 08, 2006

A Matter of Perspective

Every person on this planet has their own take on everything. Tonight I have learned another way to look at things.
My friend Arghnold is sad because the relationship he shared with his special someone is now nonexistent.
While I was hanging around my fave café at school, Argh came up to me and asked if it would be ok for me to accompany him at RK (a café outside school) Earlier on, my friend Caca had informed me that Argh had broken up with his S.O. so I knew that Argh wanted to talk.
Here was how the conversation went:
Argh: Jenn, when you look at me, what do you see?
Me: (looking at him while lighting a cig, takes a long drag and exhales) I see a strong person. A smart and talented one. When I mean strong, your persona is powerful. You seem in total control of yourself.
Argh: I knew you were going to say that
Me: Sweetie, I don’t mean to sound too arrogant, but I don’t have friends who aren’t as ‘powerful’ as me.
Argh: I’m tired of being Mr. Invincible
Me: I so know how you feel…
Argh: (takes a drag from his cig then exhales) you know what, I am not sad because the relationship is over. I am sad because I still want to help my S.O
Me: why what happened?
Argh: the long and short of it is that my S.O is a basketcase
Me: Correct me if I’m wrong. Why does it seem that individuals like us, always fall for those below our station?
Argh: I know.. tell me about it. (shakes his head)
Me: so why do you think we fall for people like them?
Argh: in my case, its not that I have bad taste in choosing my S.O, its just that I’m a sucker for those who seem to need a makeover… and I mean that in the personality aspect. It makes me seem like I bring out the worst in people.
Me: I KNOW... its because a lot of people don’t want to come out of their comfort zones… and it seems that we are the ones who are the catalyst that pushes them to become the people that they ARE destined to be. It just seems that we bring out the worst in them because we push them to strive harder… we push them towards change and for most people they think change is a bad thing. So how do you cope with a lost relationship?
Argh: I just remember my purpose… I’m actually not that sad because this morning when I woke up, I realized that my purpose in my S.O’s life is to make my S.O take the path towards what people believe is my S.O’s greater destiny. i have done my purpose.. and it is now up to my S.O on what to do…
Me: I like that point of view….
Argh: anyway, its not my loss… its my S.O’s… I gotta go.. I still have class… Thanks for listening Jenn..
When Arghnold left, I pondered upon what he has said. Purpose. It made me smile… coz it reminded me of my bestfriend Howie. He said that the people that hurt us are just tools for us to fulfill our greater destinies. Arghnold on the other hand says that our purpose in life is to help people become the person that they are meant to be… and not just reinforce the feeling that the person they are NOW is the person that they really are.
So there…

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header hand photo by Aaron Murphy