Monday, May 08, 2006

My own Cinderella Man





Disclaimer : this author has been deserted by her muses… therefore the result of this blog may not be very verbose as the others… nor as profound (?)… hehehehe…
Before I give you the story for this blog, let me give you a rundown of what I’ve done today…
I went to CCP to coordinate and event
After that, went to Church
Then went home to sleep
Then watched the DVD of Cinderella Man
With that said, let me go on to my blog proper.
My friend G, had been burned pretty bad by love, and now, he believes that he is running a long streak of bad luck, business wise and also his love life (I need not expound on this further, lest I get beat on the head by a laptop)
Anyway, while watching Cinderella Man, I was texting Gian. He must have been pretty morose today coz he was pretty quiet (a relative term… in regard with SMS ... heeehee) so I sent him a message over YM... it was something written by Nicholas Sparks in his novel “The Notebook.” Then he replied that whatever I said in that message, he wasn’t also good at that… which I think made him (if possible) more morose.
Gian told me that he knew exactly how Jimmy Braddock (Russel Crowe) felt at the time that he was experiencing difficulties… coz he is experiencing a lot of trials right now. With that I told him that he (Gian) needed a Mae Braddock (Renee Zelleweger) in his life.
Since he isn’t (?) looking for a girlfriend right now… (or is he? Hahahaha Peace tayo GIan!) I wanted to tell him that I wanted to be one of the Mae Braddocks in his life. I don’t mean it in a romantic sense. I know… I know.., Mae Braddock is the wife of Jim Braddock, but my point here is that she was there for him no matter what. She was supportive of everything Jim did, even if she didn’t approve of it. They were like the best of friends. They had a relationship that transcended fair weather stuff.
Friends do that for each other... They help/support each other even if you do not approve of what he/she is doing.. or they do anything/everything in their power to make their friend happy…without expecting anything in return. I don’t know about you guys, but that’s what I am to my friends.
Actually, that is what I have with my best friend Howie. Most people are weirded out by me and Wie, coz we have a bond between us that is more than brother and sister. We take care of each other… support each other and never take each other for granted… and yes… we do that without the messy-icky-yucky romantic entanglements that they call love… (or bf/gf relationships)
But I have digressed.
Since it was pretty hard to explain to Gian (over SMS) MY concept of friendship… I might as well just plop it here in my blog.
He seemed a little amazed at the amount of the extent that my hand of friendship has gone to him (coz we have only known each other for less than two weeks.)
Back to my point.
I wanted to tell Gian (without sounding weird) that I sincerely want to help sort himself out during his “transitory period” (his words, not mine) but its still up to him if he wants to take it though… most people are weirded out by me being so “helpful”
Take note though, I only choose the people that I go out on a limb for… I don’t know why but G has this jene-saiz`quoi… that makes me want to help him. I guess am a sucker for lost souls.
Also, on another part of the film, Jim Braddock has become the spirit of his community. He was the epitome of second chances. Jim Braddock also didn’t know that he influences and inspires people with his life.
I wanted to tell Gian about that too… He feels like he is lost right now, (maybe, and this is a big assumption on my part) and he feels like he’s at the crossroads of his life yet he doesn’t know what to do… Gian, must be an inspiration to a group of people somewhere… maybe in his circle of friends or his family... I dunno…
In the end, Jim Braddock triumphs… like it is said... if you’re at the bottom of the barrel... you don’t have any other place to go but up... that’s where you’re headed G.
Take heart ok? If you need me… I’m just an SMS away.
There’s my blog.

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header hand photo by Aaron Murphy