Sunday, May 07, 2006

By the River Piedra I sat down and Wept.. An Excerpt

By the River Piedra, I sat down and wept. There is a legend that everthing that falls in the water of this river - leaves, insects, the feathers of birds - is transformed into the rocks that make the riverbed. If only I could tear out my heart and hurl it into the current, then my pain and longing would be over, and I could finally forget.By the River Piedra, I sat down and wept.The winter air chills the tears on my cheeks, and my tears fall into the cold waters that course past me. . Somewhere this river joins another, then another, until - far from my heart and sight - all of them merge with the sea.May my tears run just as far that my love might never know that one day I cried for him. May my tears run just as far, that I might forget the river piedra, the monastary, the church in the Pyrenees, the mists, and the paths we walked together. I shall forget the roads, the mountains, and the field of dreams - the dreams that will never come true...

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header hand photo by Aaron Murphy