Saturday, August 18, 2007

Its a Small world after all...

Last night, Huck and I traipsed around the Metro, braving the torrential rain just because we were bored.

First stop was Greenhills to sell his N92. (Absatively funny phone really... don't even dream of buying that unit.. its soooo useless.. trust me... Huck and I fiddled with that phone to death and got bored by it. its so damn uncomfortable to use.. soooo unlike a Nokia phone...) After mucking about... we were finally able to dispatch of the wretched piece of shitty technology.

Second stop was his office mate Karen's house in Kamuning. (I'll be digressing for a bit coz i don't know how you call this.. its either the theory of six-degrees-of-separation comes into play here, or serendipity or... Huck and I ARE destined to cross each others paths... coz if he wasn't a PExer, there was a possibility that we couldve met before because we were officeamates for SPI Tech... but we were in different departments) Upon entering the house, he introduced me to Kuya Gerald (the elder brother of Huck's office mate Karen) after being introduced, there was this niggling thought at the back of my mind that i HAVE met Kuya Gerald before. i just couldn't place the when and where. He was familiar to me. Huck then introduced me to Karen and her mom Tita Joy (Karen's mum) then they herded Huck and me to partake of their handa. while eating dinner i was racking my brain furiously... I KNOW that Ive met Kuya Gerald somewhere.

EUREKA!

He is a professor in my alma mater!! we've been meeting each other in school sponsored activities but we weren't formally introduced. So i approached him and asked if he was who i think he was... and i was right. Kuya Gerald then was laughing out loud, because when we were introduced early on that evening, he said he was also trying to place where we have met since I ALSO looked very familiar to him.

Its really a small world after all. This isn't the first time that this happened to me. My bestfriend Dodie and I share something like that co-inky-dink.

moving forward..

the last stop that we had to make was to meet up with Jet (equally yummy person as Huck.. hahahaha... ) so that we could give him the chocolates that were his pasalubong...

after meeting up with Jet, i took a cab home at rested. twas a long day...

call me stupid, but I'm just amazed on how the world works. people you cross paths with change you. and no matter the time or place, when you ARE meant to cross paths with that person... you WILL.

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header hand photo by Aaron Murphy