Friday, May 25, 2007

Martinis at Mandarin Oriental (A Shameless Plug)

whoa nelly... its getting to be expensive being me. heeheehee...

A good friend of mine flew in from London yesterday and he is currently billeted at Mandarin Oriental (wahahahahaha.. of all places... memories.. ahahahahaha)

anyway... i digress... so yesterday, since it was my rest day i was being utterly domesticated. After doing my housechores (laundry, ironing, vacuuming) i processed a request that my father posed to me. I was currently processing the search warrants that he needed when my mobile phone beeped like an excited chipmunk. i got an SMS message from an unlisted number. while i was reading the message, i was grinning like a naked bandit swimming in gold coins! My friend was back in the P.I... and he was asking if we could hang out.

It was his first night back and i gave in to his request (even if i had work at 2am the next day... i didnt care.. all for the sake of friendship... coz i believe that one must never be too busy for friends...) Around 9pm he picked me up from my apartment and we headed off to the newly opened bar at Mandarin Oriental named "Martini" (or something like that)

The bar was utterly charming ang absolutely cozy. Their speciality is.. of course... MARTINIs. Iain (pronounced as Eyhn) grabbed two chilichoco (or was it chocochili) martinis and two wasabe martinis. we both had one of each... SALUT... it was delish! utterly fabulous!! He also ordered a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc (white wine from Australia.. i googled the spelling so i can get it correctly.. *snicker* i forgot the year though...) it was also absolutely delicious... it had an after taste like berries.. or a tangy fruity taste... lovely lovely really...

We were having a great time, sadly i had to end the evening because i had to get a couple hours of sleep before heading off to work.. so i got home around 1am and headed off to bed slightly tipsy.

I have suddenly acquired a taste for white wine (am a red fan myself) and i loved the martinis that i had!! (i wonder if Giliggans serve martinis as good as what i had...) anyhoo... hahahaha.. its starting to become expensive being me... *snicker*

oh well.. so im here in the office right now... very VERY sleepy (thank God martinis dont cause hang overs) and all i basically want to do now is crawl under my desk and sleep... *big yawn*

so there...

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header hand photo by Aaron Murphy