Monday, May 28, 2007

Green Tea makes me constipated

hahahaha.. kidding really... just needed something to catch your attention.

This work week pretty much can be summarized in one word: HELL-ish.

My bosses have been riding me pretty hard coz my tenure is coming to an end pretty soon (ETA: June 18, 2007) and they have been piling up my in-tray with much admin stuff and any what not they can think of. I don't know if this backlog was caused by my 5 day hiatus or if they are just "punishing" me. Anyway, even though my in-tray content is a mile-high am really not THAT concerned because i know that i CAN and WILL finish all of it today because.. really... I want to spend the next two days (my rest days) vegging-out (you know... lay like broccoli in front of the idiot box and drown myself in Gregory House's blue blue eyes and endearingly astringent bedside manner); hanging out with my friends (Iain is in town and we need to catch up a bit more...); be domesticated (laundry, ironing, vacuuming, etc); or just lay in bed and savor the peace, quiet and privacy of being the sole entity at my domicile.

Being sleep deprived for this whole work week also added more stress to my being. Friday: (Saturday early morning actually) i was out with my friend Iain.. so i basically got 1 1/2 hours worth of sleep before i clocked in.

Saturday: had a total of 3 hours of sleep because i tried to make a dent to the contents of my inbox (600 emails and counting, yes OT.Y sya) then watched Pirates of the Carribean with officemates, had dinner with Diamael and then went home late in the evening.

Sunday: when i got home from work, had to process another request from my Father. i had to create some search warrants for him (he's an investigator/representative of the Intellectual Property Rights Board.. or something like that) Had to make like 37 sets of S.W's, triple check each one to see if the proper names and dates were posted, et al. this kept me up till the wee hours of the morning...

Monday: had like 2 or 3 hours of sleep once more because i had a fight with my mum (more about that later) and after that blow out, no matter how i tried to catch the Sandman's attention, he just didn't want to come. Its a good thing that its my rest day later. So i can stay as late as i want in the office (to finish whatever) without being stressed that i need to catch some sleep before another workday commences.

Talking about the fight with my mum... I do understand that she is worried about my career path and safety and everything, but just like i told her, the reason why i am leaving the company that i am currently employed in is because I believe that I'm at the point of being burnt out (another factor that i didn't tell her was that i had an epiphany -which was of course facilitated by my friend.. tae mo Jay... hahaha...kidding! and i kinda noticed that i WAS already stuck in a rut). I never thought that working for a contact center would be this stressful. I mean, when i did PR for Maceda and De Venecia, it was also stressful (i received death threats) but i got to go places. During my stint as a PR staff for both politicians, i got to roam around the Philippines... the only reason why i had to quit is because i couldn't handle all the out of town trips and law school at the same time. As stated on the non-completion clause in my contract i cant work in the same industry for a year since i was privy to a lot of confidential information during the campaign period. thus i ended up in the contact center industry...

The year is now up and i'm ready to go back to the world of Politics. I love the wheeling and dealing that happens behind the scenes. The information that i hold. The trips. The parties. The connections that i make. The people that i meet. but most of all, i love the high that i get when you successfully lobby a project.

About the fight... the reason why it started was because my travel agent called our Wack-Wack home phone instead of my mobile number or my apartment's landline. He told my mum that there were a lot of openings in the airlines for me to be able to book a flight sometime this October and that he is trying to find a good deal for my July trip to Singapore (and possible side trip to Malaysia). I distinctly remember that i told my mum that i planned to celebrate my 25th birthday in style... i mean July 07, 2007 or 07.07.07 seems to be a pretty auspicious date for me to be able to try something new (not to mention the fact that it is MY BIRTHDAY on that day) Mum harangued about me quitting my job and not plan to work anytime soon. I told her, i just need to take a breather coz i HAVE been working and studying for the past 7 years and i believe it was high time that i had time for myself. She was pretty ticked off as well about me inquiring about flights to California... *sigh* She called me selfish and unthinking... (i mean.. is it really THAT bad of me to ask sometime for myself?) *sigh* anyway, on to happier thoughts... i just needed to get that out of my system.

I am soooooo looking forward to my post summer shindig with friends on June 16/17, my last day at work on June 18 and June 30 because its a day before July 1. *teehee*

so there...

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header hand photo by Aaron Murphy